#MassGeek PlayBook - Issue #1
Welcome to the inaugural issue of the #MassGeek PlayBook. We understand your time is limited - especially during these challenging times. We hope you enjoy our selection of only the most helpful and informative content to keep your finger on the Mass Spec pulse.
Things to GROW
Mass Spec online material
- Thanks to the University of California (Davis) who have released grad and post doc Proteomics tutorials here
- On-demand webinar recordings from ASMS 2020 Reboot have been extended to 30 September 2020
The Art of Pivoting
Research and BioTech has not been "immune" to the effects of COVID-19. Two neurobiology researchers at Rockefeller University mourned the closing of their lab and quickly got back to work. Read more here
"We mourned the closing of our lab. But then we got back to work—finding the balance between scholarly relevance and adapting to life in a world of new social norms" - - Erich Jarvis, Professor and Head of Neurogenetics of Language Laboratory, chair of the VGP and investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Things to KNOW
- CASSS MS Symposium: Virtual, 14 - 17 September 2020
- HUPO Conference: Virtual, 19 - 22 October 2020
- Analytica: Re-scheduled Munich, Germany: 19 - 22 October 20
- AIS2020 Antibody Industrial Symposium: Re-scheduled Montpellier, France: November 23 2020
- ANZSMS Conference Canberra, ACT: January 2021
Welcome to our new Data Scientist, Joseph Bloom
To mark the occasion, Joseph shares with us how he started in Biochemistry and landed at Machine Learning. Read it here.
Things to SHOW
New Discovery Service COMING SOON!
It's not long to go now until we launch a new service as part of the MD+ Discovery suite. It works by accepting processed data from a variety of MS data analysis workflows and instantly transforms it from being cumbersome and unwieldy to visual and easy to read.
Cast your vote for supported upload formats here.
Mass Spec Facility Locator - at your service
We’ve collated a growing list of global MS Facilities that can help you get closer to the moment of discovery. Is your favourite facility, CRO or CDMO missing? Let us know by filling in the online form. Check it out here.